Teacher Licensing

Teacher licensing programs at the University of Saint Francis provide you with the opportunity to earn your teaching license if you have a bachelor’s degree in a non-education field or add subjects to your existing license. Official transcripts from all prior college course work will be evaluated to determine the remaining courses required for the specific teaching license.

If you would like to earn your license in mild intervention, you can complete the undergraduate Special Education program or the online Master of Science in Education program.  However, intense intervention licensure is only available through the online graduate degree program. If you choose to pursue a Master of Science in Education later, you can apply the credits you earn through graduate licensing coursework.

The Department of Education also offers Transition to Teaching programs in Visual Art Education (P-12), Secondary Education (5-12), and Special Education (P-12) with licensure in Mild Intervention or Intense Intervention.

To determine if any of your previous coursework may apply toward licensing, contact Licensing Advisor Maureen McCon at 260.399.7700, ext. 8415. The licensing advisor serves as a liaison between you and the Office of Educator Effectiveness and Licensing (OEEL), the Indiana Department of Education licensing agency.