Field placements provide a wide range of experiences in different grade levels and settings. By the end of your first year, you will know if teaching is the right choice for your future.
Working with children from different cultures in public, private, and parochial schools will help you feel comfortable in any setting, whether you end up teaching in a city, suburb, or rural area. Field experiences in school settings will complement your academic preparation with real-world challenges.
Working with expert professionals from the University of Saint Francis and the schools where you complete your field experiences will help guide you as you prepare for a personally fulfilling and professionally rewarding career.
Benefits of Field Experiences
- Acquire real-world experience right away (beginning your first year of study)!
- Gain exposure to different grade levels in urban, suburban, and rural schools.
- Work with children from different cultures and countries.
- Develop confidence in classroom settings.
- Find out by the end of your first year if you really want to teach.
- Accumulate at least 300 hours of experience before you begin student teaching.